- 639 NJROTC Units as of 1 October 2009.
- Number of students in NJROTC, School Year 08-09 = 75,059; 41% female, 59% male.
- Approximately 40% of all NJROTC program graduates enter military service.
- Approximately 58% of all NJROTC graduates continue to post-secondary education (including ROTC programs and military academies).
- Minority participation is 56%; 27% African American, 23% Hispanic, 3% Asian American/Pacific Islander, 1% Native American/Alaskan Native, 2% Other.
- NJROTC instructors are retired or eligible reserve or medically disabled Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard officer and enlisted personnel. Instructors are school employees. Salaries are determined by the rank of the instructor and equal at least the difference between retirement and active duty base pay and allowances. Half of that amount is reimbursed to the school by the Navy.
- To get an application for an NJROTC unit at your school, download it from this website, or, to have one mailed to you, call (850)452-9495 or (850) 452-9507. You can also send your request via email email@example.com